Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Painting A Reef Fish

   
    Not a normal painting for me but I thoughts I'd branch out and try something a little new.
    Saltwater reef fish are beautiful creatures and are often the subjects of artists as well as interesting species in any home or office aquarium.  I was lucky enough to make it down to Mexico last month and do a little snorkeling along one of the many reef structures and was blown away by their beauty which is probably why I chose to paint one.
   This particular species is one of the many types of angel fish that roam the reef.  For the fresh water anglers out there you might find a striking resemblance to our own bluegills and sunfish.

1 comment:

Mark Kautz said...

Joel, there are so many beautiful fish on a coral reef that if you paint them, you should be busy for years to come.