Friday, December 7, 2012

Fly Friday - Its All About The Streamers (Big and Juicy)

  Its like a fine aged wine (any Cabernet will do) compared to a stout highball of good old fashion Irish or American Whiskey (May I suggest Knob Creek).  The dry fly is great when you are feeling a bit cultured and refined but when you are looking for a good time while going a few rounds with a the resident beef necked bully, you shuck the tiny dry and go with a fist full of feathers and hair.   
I love the dry fly as much as the next guy but sometimes I need the drug of the tug and the winter is the perfect time for that.  So for this Fly Friday I give You some un-solicited advice:  Forget the dry fly and go swing some streamers.

  As far as the art goes - I know I have been phoning it in a lot lately with the inked sketches but the list of things to do before the holidays just doesn't seem to get any smaller and time is at a premium.  The paint will just have to wait for a bit.
  But if you would like the Original of this 6x6.5in ink and colored pencil sketch it can be yours for the low price of $20 - Its on high quality Bristol Acid free paper with archival inks so it will last a Very Long time.  Honestly I am running out of room to store all the art I have created for this blog.


    One more thing - I only have a few sets of these Holiday Cards remaining and time is running out before the holiday so quit procrastinating and Email me to get yours today.

7 comments:

Jay said...

Very nice piece, even if it isn't as involved as one of your paintings.

Lance Milks said...

That would make a kick ass T-shirt.

Dub The Thorax said...

love it

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you liked it.

Joseph Hord said...

That's a great looking drawing! I've found myself fishing streamers more these last couple years, once I tried streamer fishing I was hooked!

Fly Waters Edge - Kevin said...

That would make a kick Ass T-shirt.
I'd buy as long as it's not the crazy price. Love it! I love swinging a streamer especially in the winter! Good Advice!

Unknown said...

Thanks - I might just have to look into those T-shirts.