Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Redfish....Hook Me Up!

Yet another day in the salt chasing fins with my fly rod and boy was it a blast. 
After a rather late night playing cards and enjoying a 'few' beverages I felt that nothing would make me feel like my old self like wading on the flats.  Let me tell you that if you can find the energy to pry yourself out of bed after 4 hrs of sleep and hook into a big redfish that tests you line for a good 5-10 minutes, any illness you might be dealing with will instantly be cured.
Again I say that I now know why so many anglers swear by saltwater fishing. My first redfish and I can't wait to hook into another. I also landed 4 other spotted sea trout and hooked into 3 more energetic fishing that broke loose before I could get a hand on them. I'll spare you those pics but they were once again some sweet looking fish.

2 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

Looks like your having a good ol time there Joel!
Glad to see ya getting all bent!

Unknown said...

Bgrrfsh - you betcha. One heck of a good time.