Friday, December 3, 2010

Doodling A Streamer


I had a day off of work yesterday and surprisingly enough, I didn't go fishing, I didn't paint, & I didn't even tie a fly.  What I did do was work on removing about six inches of leaves that have accumulated in my front and back yard over the past month.  I now have a five foot high, seven by twenty five foot pile of leave on my front curb that I have very little idea how to easily get rid of and an equally large pile in my back yard waiting for the burn pile.  The smoke from the fire I plan to light today is sure to piss of my French neighbor.  I am sure I will once again get swore at in a language I don't understand but need no translator to comprehend.  It has become a once a year ritual I don't look forward to but have little option to avoid, that is unless she wanted to pay the $100 fee to have them hauled away...  But I don't see that happening. 

What will probably occur will be something akin to the last time the fire marshal was called.  He came out and agreed that I had made all the necessary notifications to the state and county offices of the burn and then told me "I'm only out here to make it look like I'm doing my job."  He then told me he was heading back to his house to do the same thing I was doing.

Oh well - this is a streamer - but you knew that.  I inked it out last night in a slightly larger format than usual .

4 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

awesome effect of it resting on the hackle fibers!

Mark Kautz said...

I always forget the marshmallows when I burn.

Mark

Unknown said...

it took nearly all day of burning but its done and without being swore at.

The African Fly Angler said...

That's awesome, I tied the same fly just the other day. :-)

http://theafricanflyangler.blogspot.com/2010/11/old-streamers.html